A Shopping Guide to Used GMC Sierra 1500 for Sale Phoenix AZ
Whether you are looking for a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali or a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab, you are on the right track. Used GMC Sierras are known for high resale values due to their durability, luxury, and quality.
The analysts at iseecars have determined that used GMC pickups retain slightly more than 60 percent of value at the five-year mark. That’s much better than most used cars and SUVs which retain 54 percent or less of their value.
Used 2018 GMC Sierra
U.S. News reporters write that this truck has one of the nicest cabins in its class. They also like its incredibly spacious seats. These trucks can tow 12,500 pounds at their toughest. With the right engine and bed, they haul 2,250 pounds. Forward automatic braking and other safety features became available this year. IntelliLink with a touchscreen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and a rearview camera are 2018 standards.
Used 2017 GMC Sierra
The truck manufacturer added more driver assistance features. It also increased the maximum towing capability, making it the class leader. The upscale interior and excellent infotainment system continued to earn praise from reviewers.
Used 2016 GMC Sierra
Standard horsepower climbed to 285 and topped out at a whopping 420. A new eight-speed automatic transmission was added and paired with certain V8 engines. Gas mileage edged up, ranging from 20 to 24 mpg on the highway. U.S. News reviewers noted expansive seats and a user-friendly infotainment system. This was the first year that they offered Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. These trucks should have an integrated bumper step, making it easier to get into the bed.
Used 2015 GMC Sierra
Pulling in at #1 in the rankings, this model definitely made reviewers happy. They remarked on its classy interior, drivability, and responsive steering. This was the first year that Wi-Fi became available across the GMC fleet. It is accessible with an OnStar subscription. IntelliLink continued to evolve and improve. More USB ports and other tech toys were added.
Fully designed for 2014, the truck maintained its #2 rating. Reviewers liked its first-rate interior materials and smooth ride. An improved V8 can handle 12,000 pounds. At 68, 78, and 96 inches, the beds are an excellent size for hauling. New tech for 2014 included IntelliLink touchscreens and dual-zone HVAC controls.
U.S. News and World Report ranked this truck at #2 in 2013. You can expect quality materials, advanced technologies, and a good fit and finish. Reviewers praise it for its great reliability ratings and its fuel-efficient 5.3-liter V8. Top tow ratings hit 10,080 pounds.
2011 and 2012 Models
This truck was ranked #1 by U.S. News and World Report in 2011 and 2012. Horsepower ranges from 195 to 403. This year GMC offered a USB port and Bluetooth so a used pickup may feel quite contemporary to today’s buyer. Other possibilities include a backup camera, a Bose stereo and a back-seat entertainment system.
- Seating three, a regular cab is matched with a 6-ft-6-in or 8-ft bed. Seating six, Double Cabs and Crew Cabs are matched to the 6-ft-6-in bed. Crew Cabs also come with a 5-ft-8-in bed.
- For extra legroom, remember that Crew Cabs are bigger than Double Cabs.
- For top luxuries, look for a used GMC Sierra Denali for sale. Regardless of the year, Denali editions have the most leather, most technology and the most advanced features.
- More recent models may have exclusive safety features such as an alert seat that vibrates to signal a lane departure or forward collision warning.
- Ask sales staff which models have GMC exclusives such as available Wi-Fi (via OnStar) and a bumper step.
- Be sure to inquire about cargo and trailering capability as these vary with truck size and engine potency. We can help match your hauling needs to the right pickup.
- If you see a used GMC Sierra for sale in our online inventory, act fast. These have a tendency to be snapped up fast.
Find Your Next Pickup at Earnhardt Auto Centers
With 23 dealers, our inventory is huge. You are sure to find a GMC Sierra that fits your needs. Please contact us if you want help locating the perfect pickup.